Friday, May 8, 2015

Acting in Swedish Comedy

Some time ago I wrote about my various movie acting experiences on this blog, and today I was thinking about my favorite one, a Swedish comedy called The 100-Year-Old-Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared. Yes, a very long title, but it comes from a hit book and the movie is the highest-grossing film from Sweden and quite good. It has been driving me mad that it hasn't yet been released on DVD in America.
Last time I posted about it, I posted this picture taken by the Swedish star Robert Gustaffson (He is the one on the right). We had done several takes of this scene and Robert suddenly told us all to look over, and he snapped this 'selfie'. I realized I had never posted any shots from the scene, so just now I paused the scene a few times and did screen shots so you can see what the scene itself turned out like in the movie. For the actual scene, you'll need to look up the film. It is out on DVD in Europe, but in the U.S. we'll just have to wait.

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool, Ted. I'd heard about the film, but no opportunity to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, I was only able to see it on a trans-Atlantic flight. It has only been shown in a few theaters in America so far, and the DVD has only released in Europe. I sure hope that changes, because it is a pretty good movie, especially given how many bad ones come out these days.

      Delete