Friday, January 1, 2021

What I Read in 2020

 At the end of each year I do a summary post of what I read throughout the year. I find it interesting to see my reading habits, and to make note of what the best books were each year. I managed only 31 books this year, though to be fair some of them were very long ones. I use a standard five star rating method with five stars meaning I loved the book so much I intend to re-read it throughout my life, so there are rarely any five star books. But with how crazy this year was, I purposely re-read a lot of my old favorites, which is why you'll see so many this time.

1. Fortune's Favorites by Colleen McCullough *****

2. Caesar's Women by Colleen McCullough *****

3. Dispel Illusion by Mark Lawrence *** and a half

4. Caesar by Colleen McCullough *****

5. The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker ****

6. Agent to the Stars by John Scalzi ***

7. The October Horse by Colleen McCullough *****

8. Antony and Cleopatra by Colleen McCullough ****

9. Rosewater by Tade Thompson **

10 Tiamat's Wrath by James S.A. Corey *****



11 The Mirror Empire by Kameron Hurley **

12. The Outsider by Stephen King ****

13 The Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb ****

14. The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King *** and a half

15. The Light Brigade by Kameron Hurley **** and a half



16. The Forgetting Moon by Brian Lee Durfey ****

17. Dragon Haven by Robin Hobb ****

18. City of Dragons by Robin Hobb ****

19. Blood of Dragons by Robin Hobb *** and a half

20. Delta-v by Daniel Suarez ****

21. The Blackest Heart by Brian Lee Durfey ****

22. Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan ***

23. Thieves' World edited by Robert Asprin *****



24. Tales from the Vulgar Unicorn edited by Robert Asprin *****

25. Shadows of Sanctuary edited by Robert Asprin *****

26. Writing the Blockbuster Novel by Albert Zuckerman **

27. Storm Season edited by Robert Asprin *****

28. The Face of Chaos edited by Robert Asprin *****

29. The Firm by John Grisham *****

30. Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King ***

31. Wings of Omen edited by Robert Asprin *****

No comments:

Post a Comment