Friday, June 17, 2011

Tagged...

I've seen this tagging game all over the place, so I knew it was just a matter of time before I got hit. The super-nice Victoria Caswell hit me up with this one, and I can't refuse her anything, so here goes...

Do you think you're hot?
I suppose I will be when I reach Arizona next week. Honestly, who can be comfortable answering a question like this? I think I am not bad, but I'm no Johnny Depp or anyone else my wife thinks is 'hot'. I don't think my wife has ever called me hot, though since she is from Russia, I don't think they use that word.

Upload a picture of wallpaper you are using at the moment.
I can't do this, sorry. I don't have my computer since it got packed away by the moving company. I'm typing on a computer with no wallpaper. How about a picture of my cockateil that we have to give away on Monday? Bye Gosha! **Sad**


When was the last time you ate chicken? 
Is this an appropriate question after talking about my bird? I eat chicken quite a lot since I stopped eating so much red meat. Having said that, the move is throwing everything out of whack, so I haven't had chicken since my going away party last Friday at work.

The songs you listened to recently?
I don't have my beloved iTunes, so I am not getting to listen to much of anything. All I have left is a cd in my car, and it has:
Soundgarden - Searching With My Good Eye Closed, 4th of July, Boot Camp
White Zombie - Thunder Kiss '65
Filter - You Walk Away, American Cliche
Tool - Eulogy
and a few other really cool songs
What were you thinking as you were doing this?
Well, because of the last question, I've had White Zombie rocking in my head.
Do you have nicknames?
Sorry, no. My wife calls me 'Teddie', which I would hate if it was anyone else, but since she has such an adorable accent, it doesn't sound so bad coming from her. My kids call me Dad.
Tag five bloggers:
I think everyone's been tagged already. Aren't I the last one?
Bru Grace

Whose listed as number one?
Everyone knows Simon, right? Shame on you if you don't. He's one of the funniest and best writers I know, and he helped me a lot with crits on my first novel. I'd have tapped Matt Rush here also, except Victoria tagged him already.
Leave a lovey dovey message for number 2.
Oooo, I wish I knew how to flirt. Hart the Tart is great at it! Music is really sexy, and Jessica is splendid in that regard (not to mention her writing - she has a new book out!)
How did you get to know number 3?
The Naked Tart is a real character and also very helpful. She read my entire first book and gave me very nice feedback on it, for which I will always be grateful. She even pretended to like it!
How about number 4?
Hmm, I forget when I first 'met' L.G. (you see the problem of using initials for your name? I can't put a proper period there!). She's been a regular commenter and does really interesting posts. I hope any of you who haven't tried her blog will do so now!
Say something about number 5
I stumbled across Bru when I saw her interview of another blogger I follow. She did such a wonderful interview with me later. She's so kind and brave, too, as she battles near-blindness and other issues which she has bravely recounted to us. I wish so many good things for her.

16 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to say hi and to wish you a good week-end. Never heard of these bands, but now I am curious about White Zombie, Utube here I come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siv, that's the only White Zombie song I like, but Tool and Soundgarden are simply amazing bands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Nope I haven't been tagged for this yet! It's spreading blogs like wild fire! How timely of you to post this today! One of my String Bridge songs has been showcased in a Seattle Literature and Music mag, which I put a link to on my blog today! Would love to know what you think! :o)

    PS: Yes, Hart does know how to flirt. You should see a comment she left for me yesterday on FB when I posted a status update about a stalker! LOLOL Are you on FB? I don't think we're connected ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, I still avoid FB like the plague. Twitter, too! Keeping up with a blog is all I can handle. I suppose agents won't like me much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your list of tunes. When are you headed to Arizona? At least it's a dry heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, this tag stuff is spreading like a virus. It must be stopped. I'm going to go work on a cure now.

    Poor bird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awman! i'm so sorry about gosha!!
    i can't believe you don't like the name teddy! i'm always telling my hubby that if we have another son we need to name him theodore so i can call him teddy!
    that's so funny about the initials and periods! i never thought about that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex, we will arrive in Arizona very late next Tuesday. I probably won't get to the rental car until it after midnight already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. White Zombie grates after a while, but in small doses, it can be fun.

    Sorry about your bird.

    It Just Got Interesting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hot people know when they're hot. Just look at Anthony Weiner. Sure he lost his job and people call him a pervert. But the man is hot and I'm not the only person that thinks so.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you are having to get rid of your bird. I have an African Grey, so I know the challenges of having a bird in the FS. I'm currently working on getting a CITES permit to take her to Estonia with me (though really, how can they call her "exotic" when she was born in Mississippi?!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Digger, thanks for stopping by. Azerbaijan won't allow export at all, so it wasn't even something we could consider. We will miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the move, Ted. Sorry you had to give your bird away. We share likes in music.

    ReplyDelete
  14. M Pax, that's because we have exemplary taste!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like these answers :)

    So sorry about the bird. I had to give away several fish and a 55 gallon tank a few years ago. We missed the shark most. It was really tough on all of us though.

    Moving is painful sometimes.

    Oh, congrats on the last two awards.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been trying to get both Ted and Bryan on Facebook for a while, Jess, but they just refuse.

    And I've been tagged for this thing more than once. I really need to get around to it.

    ReplyDelete