Saturday, April 14, 2012

Vacation in Prague

We just returned from a week's vacation in Prague. I've long said it is the prettiest city I have ever seen (and I've seen many cities around the world), and this trip reinforced my opinion. Naturally, the fact that I love Gothic architecture influences my opinion.

The only drawback on this trip was that the apartment we rented had no internet service. It was both nice and odd to have no connection to the outer world for a whole week.

My proud moment of the week, though, was actually completing War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, a monumental achievement heretofore only managed by about ten people (since we can't count the millions who only claim to have done so) throughout world history.

I put lots of pictures from the trip up on my standard photo page, but here are a few of my favorites.
The famous Charles Bridge.
Early morning shot on the Charles Bridge. Our apartment was just on the other side of that tower.
A typical Prague street scene.

9 comments:

  1. Prague is truly one of the great cities of the world. I've only been there once, but the memories are still vivid in my mind-it's the kind of place that sticks with you. I hope to get back one day with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back! I bet a week without Internet was good though. And I won't lie - never read the book.
    Nice photos, Ted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never really thought I'd read it either, Alex. I came across a copy on the free bookshelf at work and decided I'd better get it over with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, wonderful pics. Now I want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful indeed. Congrats on finishing War and Peace. I think I've thumbed through the novel a couple times, and I'm sure I actually read the first and last page, lol.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Central European cities are so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been to Prague. Haven't read War and Peace. i guess that means you win.

    mood
    Moody Writing
    @mooderino
    The Funnily Enough

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooohhh....

    so. pretty.

    and congrats on the completion of the novel! (but after your disclaimer, i wonder if you're faking it... :P)

    ReplyDelete