Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Cover Art for The Immortality Game

I've very excited about the final version of the cover art done for my upcoming sci-fi thriller The Immortality Game. Stephan Martiniere is tied as my favorite living artist, along with Alan Lee, and he did just what I needed him to do here. Click it to enlarge!
Cover Illustration © Stephan Martiniere
The pyramid and twin curving hotel towers represent the home base of the antagonists in the novel, and it is where the climax takes place. The white floating stuff that looks a little like snow is called 'pukh' in Russian. It is actually poplar seeds, and it flies around like snow each summer in Moscow (and plays a symbolic role in the story).

The cover itself with all the typography is close to finished, thanks to some help from Bradley Wind. It is very difficult for a book, no matter how good, to gain any notice these days, so I hope this cover art will help draw attention to my novel once it comes out.

6 comments:

  1. It is just amazing, Ted! Beyond professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. I'm certainly happy. I hope it turns out good enough with the typography.

      Delete
  2. Very impressive. Do I also detect the lines off a circuit board (i don't know what you call them...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it looks like something like that. I can't say circuit boards themselves are much a part of the story, though technology is directly meshed with the human body.

      Delete