Monday, November 24, 2014

Publication Day!

So today is my official publication day! You may be tired of seeing my cover already, but I can't NOT write about the publication day, right? It feels good to finally be able to call myself an author rather than just a writer. I see that it is #12 on Amazon under Cyberpunk new releases. That's a decent start.
Cover Illustration © Stephan Martiniere
I had a note this morning from a potential reader who said the book intrigued her, but she won't buy something without reviews. I wrote back that Amazon wouldn't allow reviews until the book went live. I do hope that some of you who have already read some of it may be willing to post reviews, since that will really help.  Actually, any sort of publicity can help a book with its launch. Word of mouth really does work! The most exciting part was getting a note this weekend from the great Hugh Howey, letting me know he loved the cover and blurb and had purchased a copy!

4 comments:

  1. Reviews on Goodreads also helps!
    Congratulations, Ted. You've waited a long time for this day. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alex! Yes, I've gotten some ratings on Goodreads, but not many reviews yet. It's hard to get people to put up reviews.

      Delete
  2. Congrats to you, Ted! And best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete