Sunday, September 29, 2013

Kasparov at Polgar Festival in Budapest

Blogger did something that messed up the header I liked, and I didn't have the patience to work on getting this one right. It's so severe looking now. Perhaps when I am good and sick of it I'll have the patience to work on it again.

Today was the Polgar Chess Festival in Budapest at the Palace of Arts. I took my youngest son Alex. All three of the famous Polgar sisters were there, including Judit who is the highest rated woman ever in chess and the only one to enter the top ten in the world.
We saw Sofia Polgar play a simul exhibition against thirty players.
Kasparov with Judit Polgar
Later there was a press conference with the three Polgars and former world champion Garry Kasparov. It was too crowded to get any good photos, unfortunately.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about your header.
    Probably a rare treat to see all of those people in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Budapest, but a friend of mine is from Hungary and went there with his wife a few years ago. They had a wonderful time there -- and it looks like you are having a great time, too.

    ReplyDelete